Thursday, July 2, 2015

My Favorite Stamp Sets in this year's catalog

I had asked my hostess club to give a list of their top 5 stamp sets and top 5 accessories in this year's catalog.  Well today it is my turn to tell you and them, my top stamp sets.

Birthday Blossoms - I love the Have a beautiful birthday banner and the soft flowing flowers.  When I saw this stamp set I envisioned many cards not just birthday cards.  Check I have this one already!


No Bones about It - This was a definite one for me.  I saw the bones and right away thought embossing powder then stamp over with the solid body.  Plus this is good for us old folks and feeling ancient.  So this could be used for people retiring.  And of course for kids.  So yes I have this one already too.


From Land to Sea - This was another one that popped out for me.  I love the turtle best.  But I also love the lighthouse.  The jelly fish is growing on me.  The wheel I could see as a background along with the candle light container.  The sting ray fish could go on scrapbook pages as the big one that got away.  Well this one is on order and should be here next week.  I just could not hold off any longer.



Brushstrokes and Watercolor Wash - I put these together because I love them both.  The Brushstrokes I could envision making it a rainbow of colors.  Or stripes or a flag.  It just has so many options.  The Watercolor Wash is a must have.  I see this as using the diaper wipes with reinkers.  So you do not have to have just one color but have multiple colors in your background.  So I do not have these yet.........  But they will be ordered soon.




Every Blessing - I picked this one because I right away thought this will make a fast Christmas card.  I love the simplicity of it.  It will be easy to use different inks and embossing powders.  If you look on page 70 you will see to examples.  I think we will see many more as we get closer to Christmas.  Since it is not close to Christmas I could wait and order this one in a few months.  I'll see if I can wait until September.  Not guaranteeing that.



So this was my top 5ish stamp sets.  I know I cheated a little by putting down 2 background stamps.  But I could not decide.  Now if you think these are the only ones that I love........  You do not know me well.  There are many stamp sets that I have that I love.  But these were ones that are new this year.  Stay tuned for many samples of these stamp sets.  I will also get to my list of favorite accessories soon.  That will be even more difficult because I love love love many new accessories.  Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment