Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Washi Tape

Today I have a storage tip for you.  I have struggled for years to store my washi tape.  I've tried containers that are like a tape dispenser and found that to be difficult to take on and off when I use washi tape for a class.  Then I tried keeping them in a basket.  Could never find what I was looking for.  Then tried a plastic container that I could see the tape easily but struggled know which washi tape came with other washi tape.  I like to blend my colors correctly.  Well I read Patty Bennet's blog and saw how she stores her washi tape.  Well I thought this was worth trying.  So I have and I think I have finally found a way that will work for me.

 Yes it is using a clasped ring.  This one is fairly large.  I was able to put all of the washi tape that came together in the package on one.  If you notice the black circle that is where I have the label of what the washi tape is called and the number to order it by.  Now I can still take a roll off easily and put it back on easily.  I don't have to take them all off and on to get to one roll.  Isn't that clever?  Thank you Patty for sharing.  And now I am sharing too.

In this picture you can see the other washi tape.  It is on the same size ring.  I also made sure the label was showing in the picture so you can see what I mean by having the name of the washi tape and the number.  I punched a circle out of black cardstock and adhered the label onto it.  I use my hand held circle punch and punched a hole in the middle of it and stuck it on.  I now throw these into a basket so I can see the colors and pull it out with all of them on it.  So far I am loving it and it is working for me. 


Let me know if you like this idea and if you try it.    Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment