Sunday, June 21, 2015

Open House Make and Take

This was the make and take I had for people at my Open House/Rubber Rummage Sale.  I sold lots!!!!!  I went from 4 big bins down to 1 medium size bin.  Ahhhhhhh  Now I have more room for more stamps and more DSP.    Thank you to everyone that came.  Everybody seemed to have fun and get lots of great bargains on retired items.

OK now on to the card.  This card was made with Bermuda Bay cardstock as the base.  A layer of Whisper White cardstock.  I cut a strip of the Bohemian DSP to put a little color on the one side.  I love that paper.  It is so vibrant and adds such pizzazz to everything.  I then stamped the Have a Beautiful birthday saying in Rich Razzleberry ink.  That stamp set is a really nice set I just got.  It is called Birthday Blossoms on page 8 of the main catalog.

Now on to the butterfly.  Watercolor Wings is a stamp set that is a MUST have.  You can make so many beautiful butterflies and so easily!!!  So this is how it works.  You stamp the solid image first (I have found stamping off the ink once makes it softer).  Next you take the middle of the wings stamp and stamp that on top of the Delightful Dijon butterfly (full strength).  Third you take the outline of the butterfly and stamp it in Rich Razzleberry on top of the Delightful Dijon butterfly (again full strength).  Last you take the body of the butterfly and ink it with black or I used Rich Razzleberry again.  The trick for where to position his body is to put the top 1/3 of it in the middle of the wings.  Otherwise you might end up cutting off his head.  Yikes. Then to cut the butterfly out you use the Bold butterfly Framelits Die!  So easy. 

This comes in a bundle.  So make sure you do the bundle to get 15% off.  140232 - $36.50  So this set has the larger butterfly that I use but it also has a slightly smaller one too.  It has all the same kind of stamps so you can do the same effect.  Now I did not take a picture of the inside of my card but I made a smaller butterfly but than cut it out with the other butterfly die from the framelit so it has lots of areas cut out.  It turned out too cute for words.

So go over to the right side of my blog here and click on the Stampin' Up logo and it will take you so you can shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment