Friday, July 29, 2016

Jar of Lightning Bugs

Ok I knew that yesterday was going to be a busy day for me in my day job, so I nicely did a posting on Wednesday.  Yesterday I was too excited to post so I was very glad that I had made the decision to post a day early.  Now today I am here posting because I feel lost without posting every other day.  I hope you enjoy my blog. 


This was a card I had my hostess club make at their July club time.  They all loved it.  They were so happy with it many of them ordered the bundle.  The jar is so fun to play with.  The lightning bugs are also fun.  Who does not love lightning bugs?  I remember as a kid trying to catch them.  Then bringing them in the house in a jar and they would light up in the house.  Now when they get in my house my cats cannot figure out what they are.  This is the largest jar in the Everyday Jars Framelits set.  You cannot see it well in this picture but there is chunks of glitter in the jar.  So yes it is a shaker card.  Now don't we all love shaker cards?  It was fun to watch everyone that has looked at the card shakes it.  And no glitter falls out.  The new SU foam strips work great to keep the glitter inside the jar.  One strip of the foam fit perfectly around the edge of the jar (remember I said I used the largest jar). 

How to make the shaker jar you ask.
  1. Cut the jar out of the Night of Navy card stock.
  2. Put your adhesive around the back side of the Night of navy along the edge of the jar.
  3. Place a window sheet on top of your adhesive you put down.
  4. Put the foam strip on the window sheet around the edge of the jar.  I started at the top and worked my way around, but it really does not matter.  You just do not want any gaps in the foam strip.
  5. Next pour your glitter, confetti, etc. onto the window sheet.
  6. Then peel off the layer from the foam strip and lay what ever picture, card stock, etc. that you want to show through your jar.  Mine was on white card stock I stamped the lightning bugs (remembering to also color them so that they were lit up).  Make sure it is laying flat and sealed. 
  7. Then I added the Daffodil Delight card stock to layer it on my card front.  I put SU dimensionals in each corner of the Night of Navy so that it would be the same thickness as the foam strip.
Shaker cards are great for any age person.  I hope you will make a shaker card.  Watch for more ideas using the Jar of Love stamp set.  I will post more soon.  Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment