Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sponge Brayer

If you have not used Stampin' Up's new sponge brayer (found on page 180 of main catalog) you are missing out on a great technique that is so easy.  I played with it a few times last weekend.  My favorite card I made with the sponge brayer is this one:
I used the DSP called Irresistibly Floral Specialty.  You can find it on page 172 of the main catalog.  It has beautiful designs that are embossed for you.  This is so you can make it any color you want.  Where it is embossed the color does not stick to it.  I used Peek A Boo Peach (of course).  You cannot see lines from the sponge brayer.  It was so easy.  I made the bottom right corner darker by going over it more times.  I used less strokes on the top part of the paper to show you how you too can make it fade.  There are so many ways you can use this paper and sponge brayer, you just have got to order it and try it.  Or come to my class in August and you will get to see just how easy it is. 

I also used one of my favorite thinlits Flourish.  I love the detail and the many items it has in it.  You can find it on page 194 of the main catalog.  I used Night of Navy for the main card, the piece going across and the flowering vine.  Flourish thinlit comes out very easy without tearing or lots of poking.  I love it.  So have my customers.  I hope you have bought it from me.  Remember just go over and push the Stampin' Up logo button on my blog and you too can place an order and have it delivered to your door step.

I chose not to put any words on this card.  I felt it could be used for many different reasons.  So my customers will be able to add a saying on the inside if they choose.  On the inside I used a smaller version of the vine from the Flourish thinlit.  Go on order it.  You will not regret it.  Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment