Friday, January 2, 2015

You're a gem

I forgot to add this to yesterday's blog post.  This is using the balloon again for a graduation gift card holder.  The holder is made from the smallest envelope liner framelit.  Super easy to make.  Just fold your cardstock and it can be folded easily.  I used the edges from my dimensionals to hold it together on the sides.  This also gave a slightly wider spot to slip the card or money into.  I added the string on the bottom because I just love that string.  And of course the banner was easy to cut out.  This one I did twice and cut the banner so I could have it hang down more. 
So this next card is using a stamp set I would not have chosen to get.  But when I got it free for attending the Occasion Catalog Kickoff........ well I was not going to give it back.  Now of course I have found so many ways to use it.  This first one I cased from another SU demonstrator May Fish.  I loved this card and can think of some ladies that would love getting this card.
For those of you that love diamonds or jewels this is perfect for you.  I enjoy using our washi tape.  The gold ones have been the ones I go to first.  But I love how easy they go on and what they do for a card.  I also did not think I would like the sequins.  But as time went on I saw people using them and then I too said I gotta use this.  So I bought it.  Well now we have Bermuda Bay sequins!!!!!  They go on so easily.  Just use a glue dot.  Some times I put the glue dot where I want the sequin.  Then put the sequin on it.  Yes the sequins can be difficult to pick up.  But come on just lick your finger (or wet your finger with water, etc) and look it sticks to your finger and you have control of where it is going.
This stamp set works with the tag punch that is being carried over from the Holiday Catalog.  It cut out the striped area and You're a.  I stamped the words after I stamped the striped area.  Then punched it all out.    This stamp set has many different topics.  There is a cute duck for a baby card.  You light up my life stamp.  Check it out in the Occasions Catalog.  

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment