Monday, February 2, 2015

Painted Petals

I love this card.  My friend Beth loves the word amazing.  So this one is for you Beth. 

The stamp set Painted Petals appears overwhelming for my customers.  But as they have played with it, it has become easy to produce a beautiful scene.  Here I used Melon Mambo and Old Olive.  I stamped the larger flower full strength once and then stamped again without re-inking.  The smaller flowers I stamped off before stamping them.  It makes it look like I used different pink colors.  But it was only one.  I masked the flowers slightly with a scrap paper when I was doing the stems and leaves. 

To make the Melon Mambo frame I used two sizes of the square framelits.  I cut both the white card stock and the Melon Mambo card stock using the largest of the two sizes I chose.  Then I took the next size smaller and cut that out of the middle of the Melon Mambo one to give me the frame.  Then I added the Melon Mambo ribbon across the bottom of the frame (after I had the flowers adhered to the frame).  I used Stampin' Up dimensionals on the framed art piece and put it on the front of the white card.  Then I added the Melon Mambo bow.  I put a glue dot on each of the bow loops.  I have found that to help keep my bows on better.  When I put it on the knot, sometimes it came off too easily.  So little tip for you. 

On the word piece I had a smudge that was in the top corner so I fixed it by adding a flower.  I think that made it even better.  So mistakes can produce amazing results!  I did not take a picture of the inside but I always like to finish the card for my customers.  So I added more flowers to the lower right side.  This is a card I think you would write something special to someone. 

I hope you like my version of this AMAZING stamp set.  If you would like to come to my 4 cards for $10 class in February contact me.  The dates are the 2nd Saturday and 4th Wednesday of each month.  Thanks for stopping by and viewing.  I appreciate comments.  Janice


No comments:

Post a Comment