Friday, February 20, 2015

Washi Tape and Painted Petals

Washi tape is so easy, so fun and so inexpensive to use.  On this next card I used washi tape and guess what 3 of my hostess club members bought some washi tape for this month's order.  I don't know why I don't use it more often.  I love the look and it is so easy to add pizzazz to a project.  I think it has to do with it is too easy and I think my stampers want more tricks.  Well this is a trick.  Silly me.  So what do you think?  Should I be using washi tape more often?




This card is using 2 sets of washi tape.  Then I used one of my favorite stamp sets, Painted Petals.  If you have not used this stamp set yet, you are missing out.  The flowers on this card are one stamp.  The leaves are another stamp.  They are so easy to stamp and make perfect.  I had to laugh because a few of my stampers did not think they would be able to do it.  But with a little guidance they said "I get it!"  And they did!!!!!  They were Amazing!  I love to watch my stampers look so proudly at their card as they are finishing it.  They are so proud of what they did.  Many of us have a spouse that at first is not real interested in what our cards look like.  But soon they are asking for cards to give to someone.  Then the hard part comes.  You have to actually give one of your cards up........  The first cards are difficult to give to others.  But as you get stamping on a regular basis you have enough cards that you can give them away.  Trust me on this one.  And the person that gets your card will be astounded that you made it.  So don't forget to put your signature on the back of the card (like hallmark does).

The trick with washi tape is that it looks the best on white or vanilla cardstock.  Some of the washi tape does not look well on dark cardstock.  So keep that in mind.  You can also put washi tape on white cardstock in what pattern of colors you want and then punch it out and you now have a circle, etc. with the washi tape as your new designer paper.

If you want more tips and tricks contact me to attend my classes or events.  My twice a year big event is coming soon.  Feb. 27th and 28th at the Racine Marriott Hotel.  It is a fun retreat for stampers.  Lots of scrapbooking and card making, etc. goes on all weekend.  Contact me if you are interested in squeezing in.  I only have 2 spots left.    Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment