Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Easter Baskets

I had a crop at All Saints this past weekend.  It was fun.  I have just started working with the recreation committee to have these crops for the employees.  I will be having another one in May with them.  The ladies that were there this past weekend were asking when the next one would be.  So we picked a date and I have booked the room.  The dates are May 15th and 16th.  We worked around when the Milwaukee Brewer Baseball team is in town.  I'm looking forward to baseball season. 

Ok so now to show you a few baskets I put together over the weekend.  I got to do a lot of stamping.  Yippee Skippee 

This is a simple version of the berry basket.  You cannot see but in the Enjoy An Eggcellent Easter basket I made grass sticking up to lay Easter Eggs in it.  The other one I used the ribbon to just add a little something to it.  This Berry Basket Die is so easy to use.  You can find it on page 21 of the occasions  catalog.  You can make baskets for so many things.  You can fill it with accessories for stamping.  You can put a bag of chocolate chip cookies in it.  You do not have to the handle on it.  There are limitless options to this basket.  What a great idea for putting on a table with candy in it for your stamping party.
 This was one of my favorite ones I made this past weekend.  I want Spring to come soon.  So I played with flowers.  I made 3 x 3 cards to go inside it.  What a lovely gift for someone.  Note cards are always a great gift.  We all have a time where we need a little note to give to someone.  Speaking of notes I got a homemade card from a friend this past weekend.  It tickled my heart to get it.  Made me think how tickled others are when I send them a homemade card (not that I would ever send a store bought card anymore).

This is another basket I loved.  I love the two tone thread.  You can still get it.  It is a carry over from the holiday catalog.  I love the white & tangerine tango one cause I love orange.  But it also comes in Old Olive and Natural.  I used the thread to add more dimension to the basket.  I think it turned out great.  I added the little peeps.  Love the saying For Peeps Sake.  So darn cute.  You will find that stamp set on page 34 of the occasions catalog.  You Crack Me Up is another saying in that set. 

This one is again using flowers.  I told you I want Spring to come.  This time I used the Washi Sheets found on page 11 of the occasions catalog.  There are 4 designs (2 pages of each design).  I put the Bermuda Bay striped one on a sheet of white card stock.  Then ran it through the big shot.  This made a sturdy and fun basket.  You could actually put the washi sheet on the inside and it would protect your food items in the basket.  The middle of the flower is a Melon Mambo button with a pearl in the middle. 



So I believe that I am going to bring Spring here sooner.  This below zero weather is for people who choose to live at the North Pole.   Have a great day stamping.  Janice
























No comments:

Post a Comment