Thursday, November 19, 2015

Fall leaves

Those of you that know me well, I love warm weather.  This November so far has not been too bad.  I know we will have the bitter cold and snow (naughty word) soon.  I love the sun and wish we saw it more often all year round.  I will say I do enjoy the colorful leaves in the Autumn.  This Autumn I have enjoyed making many cards.  If you do not have the leaf framelits I am so sorry for you.  They have been my go to item for a couple of months now.  Today I am showing you a card we made at my 4 cards for $10 class on Saturday. 
I love how well the Vintage Leaves stamp set (found on page 88 of the main catalog) can be stamped with one color or more.  I have found I use the daubers a lot with this stamp set.  Then I cut them out easily with the Framelits that go with them. 

On this card I cut the burlap ribbon in half so it was not so dominant on the front of the card.  I then added 3D by using the Expressions Natural Elements found on page 160 in the main catalog.  I love these.  They add so much to a card.  I used the fine-tip glue pen (found on page 43 of the holiday catalog).  I know this item has been very popular and is on back order.  But SU is getting more in so place your order so you will get it soon.  It is very helpful when trying to put something on that is thin and fine.  Letters and thin strips of card stock go on and stay on.   I also added the Into the Woods Elements in the top left corner (found on page 43 of the holiday catalog).  Love these too. 

OK so I will be sad when I cannot make any more colorful leaf cards.  But that means it is going to snow............  I will try to get excited about the snow.  I do love snowmen.  So get ready for lots of cards made with snowmen in them in the near future.

Keep on Stamping and I will Keep on Sharing.  Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment