Friday, April 24, 2015

Flower Class Ready

Tomorrow morning I have a Flowers Only Card Class.  It is always fun making cards with flowers on them.  I had fun coming up with different ways to use stamps with flowers.  This first card I fell in love with.  It is using embossing powder.  I have found using any of the new stamp pads SU has come out with you can use clear embossing powder and the color ink you use shows up beautifully.  This card I used versa mark ink on a white piece of card stock.  Then used clear embossing powder. 
 The stamp set is Blooming with Kindness.  It is one stamp set that is retiring.  I have loved this stamp set because it is so easy to use.  It also has great sayings for many different occasions.  In this card I used the soft sky ink pad and rubbed it on the card stock after I had embossed.  For the speckle look I used my favorite stamp set Gorgeous Grunge.  That stamp set is a must have.  OK so after rubbing the soft sky ink pad on the card stock, I used Blackberry Bliss ink with the dauber.  I put the color over the soft sky in as much of the space as I felt I wanted.  I loved the bold color showing through.  Then I took a tissue (Kleenex) and rubbed the ink off of the embossed area.  It just wipes right off.  I layered behind it with an eighth of an inch wider piece of soft sky.  I only wanted a little of it to show.  On the inside which I did not take a picture of I stamped the flower in the Blackberry Bliss and then Soft Sky, by stamping off so the colors were more subdued. Hope you like this card and try it yourself.  Remember that this stamp set is retiring.  Order it before it is gone.  Janice




No comments:

Post a Comment