Friday, October 5, 2012

Yes winter cards again

I'm sorry but I had so much fun playing with my winter sets last weekend.  This first card I saw by someone else and added my own style to it.  I am sorry I do not know who it was.  But I loved loved loved the concept.  It is using pearls for the snowballs!!!
The main card is midnight muse (in color) then bashful blue with the polka dot embossing folder.  I stamped the snowmen which are in that favorite Holiday Catalog on page 9 called Frosty Friends.  I just love this set.  It is a single stamp so it is not expensive.  After I stamped it I put the frame lit on top of it and ran it through the Big Shot.  The frame lit is called Apothecary Accents.  It has 4 shapes that are so unique and useful.  I added the 3 1/2" scalloped tulle ribbon in cherry cobbler.  It gave it that added texture.  That too is in the Holiday Catalog.  I got out my glitter brads that I have not used in awhile and added them to continue the sparkle I think of with snowmen.  I also added our dazzling details to the snow on the ground and a little on the snowmen.  I think of the snow glistening after people have been able to go out and make snowmen.  I hope you enjoy this one too. 

After you have been out making your snowmen, you must come in and have some hot chocolate!!!  Well this combined using the Sensational Season stamp set for the mug (done in Melon Mambo) and Make a Mitten (done in Pretty in Pink).  Kids get in so much trouble for losing their mittens.  I always think how much trouble I would be in for the times I have left my mittens or gloves somewhere....... 
The bottom of the card is using the Silver Glimmer Paper.  Then I pulled out my dusty wheel handle and used it with the wheel that goes with the Make a Mitten called Nicely Knit.  I loaded the ink from my Melon Mambo pad and wheeled it slowly so I could keep it straight.  It turned out so good that I did it again on the inside of the card.  I used SU dimensional to pop the mittens.  Oh I forgot to mention I stamped the mittens, then folded the piece so I could punch both mittens out at the same time with that great mitten builder punch.  With SU Whisper White card stock it punched nicely. 
Maybe I should go have a cup of hot chocolate even though it is not winter yet.  Janice


No comments:

Post a Comment