Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Winter Memories

As I told you yesterday, I spent time making cards using this wonderful stamp set called Winter Memories.  If you have not gotten it yet you are missing out on a great set.  I know it is difficult to make winter cards when we are wanting it to stay Fall feeling.  But you need to get your holiday cards done or you will run with your head cut off like every other year trying to find time to get them done and out in time.......  Sound familiar?
Well here are two cards I made using the early espress core'dination card stock.  It goes through the Big Shot and comes out so beautiful.  I sanded both of them to give that vintage feel. 
The cardinal one is using the wood grain embossing folder.  I used a blender pen to get the shading on the door and sled.  In case you missed them, SU has brushed bronze buttons in the Holiday Catalog on page 32.  I missed them the first few times I went through that wonderful catalog.  So in case you missed them check them out.  I used one on the cardinal card.  The 1/4" stitched grosgrain real red ribbon went through it very easily.  And I think it turned out gorgeous.
I also have used the More Merry Messages stamp set for many of my holiday cards.  It is a great set to have on hand as you make your holiday cards.  There are many good sayings for the different kinds of people you send cards to.  You will find that stamp set in the main catalog in the holiday section.

Here is the next card.  It reminds me of professional ice skaters because of the color of the skates.  I used soft suede to blend the skates.  The main card is made with our in color Raspberry Ripple.  The little bit of Raspberry Ripple satin ribbon just adds that little touch it needed.  What do you think?  OK so I used the Silver Dazzle Marker again......  I just love it.....  Really....  The embossing folder is in the Holiday Catalog (can you tell I love so much in that catalog!).  It is called Holiday Frame Embossing Folder on page 7.  Note the top and bottom of the frame is slightly different.  Either one can be on the top or bottom.  I just wanted to point out how much I have inspected this....

I hope you are at least starting to think about your holiday cards.  I would love to help you get your cards done ahead of time.  Contact me and we can set up a time for us to stamp so you don't get interrupted. 
Janice


No comments:

Post a Comment