Thursday, October 4, 2012

Birthday Card

The card today I am showing you is from a good friend Sarah.  I have to tell you I love elephants.  I find them fascinating.  But with a birthday hat on........  I did not think I would ever like this set.  We got it FREE at SU convention this year.  It is called You're Amazing.  Well I was not excited to say the least about this set.  But as I have seen more and more cards made with this set, yes I did fall in love with it.  So when Sarah had this card for us to make at a meeting last month, I knew this would have to be CASED by me soon.  So it will be in one of my events coming up.  But I thought I would share it with you today.
She used Summer Starfruit (in color) for the main card stock.  Many of you have been like me not wild about this color.  I do like it with a few colors but I don't like it to be the dominate color.  In this card I think it is just right.  I love the satin ribbon in Summer Starfruit.  That I use often.  You cannot see it well in the picture but if you look closely you will be able to.  She used the new circle templates for paper piercing (in main catalog).  She just did about a 1/4 of the circle.  It just adds that little something.  I also love that the piece of card stock behind the elephant is at a slant.  I did not take a picture of the inside.  But it has the card stock that the saying is on, on a slant also.  Again that little extra makes it so perfect.
Hope you liked this card today.  A little short but gotta run.  Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment