Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Too early for snowmen!

Hi Stampers

Well this past weekend I spent most of Saturday making cards for my display board at Camp Stamp In Oga.  The set I am using is "Winter Memories".  Like I said yesterday, I love this set.  As you will see I have made a number of cards that are simple to make yet beautiful!!!  I hope you agree.  Send me a comment and see what happens.........


Both cards use the Northern Flurries embossing folder.  It is difficult to see in the picture that I used Frost White Shimmer Paint on the snowflakes.  I used a sponge that I cut up into pieces.  In person it does sparkle.  On the skate card I added the rhinestones to the middle of each snowflake.  On the snowmen one I added a small pearl.
On the skates I used the new Silver Dazzle Marker on the blades.  I have looked for years for a "good" metalic marker for the holidays.  Well SU has come out with the BEST!!!!!  You will find them on page 19 of the Holiday Catalog.  The skate card is using one of my favorite color combinations, Pretty in Pink and Basic Gray.  It is so soft and delicate looking.
I have a love of snowmen.  As long as I don't have to be too cold.  I love to look at them, build them and admire them.  This is such a nice stamp set included in the Winter Memories set.  Now who does not remember making snowmen?  You must have lived in the south.  You missed out on great times.  Even though now that I am older...... I would rather be in the warm dry weather.  But I am here and I will continue to enjoy the snowmen from my car or window.
Take care and have a super great day.  Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment