Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I am alive!!!!

I am so sorry I have not been able to blog for soooooo long.  It has been awful.  I have had computer problems and those of you that know me I am definitely not a computer savvy person.  For two weeks I could not figure out what was wrong.  Finally my husband and I took the computer in and the young guy looked at us and said this is really outdated.  Well I knew it was true.  But now we had to decide what we would do.  So we decided pretty quickly that another desk top was the route to go.  Well of course it was the holiday weekend so nobody was available to put it together for us.  I tried to be patient waiting for it.  But that was really difficult.  We finally got it this afternoon.  Then how do we find anything?  Everything looks different!  My husband gave up.  I got home and it took me an hour to figure out how to open my emails.  Then I realized that all of my favorites are no longer there :(  What do you do?  Oh I do have my IPad with most of the same favorites.  But no time to do that.  I gotta get to my blog and start blogging.  So here I am.  Home again home again!!!!

Now where do I start.  I have been stamping even though I have not been able to blog.  So what do I share first.  Well I am going to share a card we will be making at my card class this Saturday at 9am.  I do have a few openings left so contact me if you would like to join in on the fun stamping.



I love this card.  If you are not a Halloween fan you can make this into a great Autumn card.  It is using the seasons stamp set from the Holiday Catalog.  The entire scene is one stamp that I did in black.  Then I added So Safron with a dauber over the entire scene.  Then took Smoky Slate and used a dauber to make the darker sky.  The Tangerine Twist was the orange I used to color in the pumpkins and leaves. 

The Designer Series Paper has the large spider webs and spiders on it.  Then I stamped the spider and spider web in the corner of the inside of the card.  You cannot see it but on the bottom right front of the card I also stamped BOO.  On the inside I stamped Have a Happy Halloween. 

This card has a fun fold.  I cut off and inch and a half from the front panel.  So when the card is closed you see an inch and a half of the inside.  It allowed for the spider web and BOO to be shown even when the card is closed.  The extra piece on the front I put adhesive only on a small portion of the back side to stick to the card front.  I placed the piece so the right side of the extra piece lined up with the right side of the back of the card.  It is a fun way to add excitement to a card.

Remember if you want to make this card and 3 other cards make sure you contact me to save a spot for you.

Keep on Stamping and I will Keep on Sharing.

Janice Borchart
Racine, WI

No comments:

Post a Comment