Monday, September 21, 2015

Autumn Leaves

Fall is definitely in the air today.  Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day.  A day where you want to sit in the sun and enjoy the warmth that we know here in the Midwest will soon be gone.  Then last night the chill in the air but oh how well we can sleep......... 
 
Well this card today is one that is for my Hostess Club this month.  3 of the ladies came yesterday to make their cards.  This was their favorite one.  We all love the leaves that have easy to use thinlits to cut out the leaves.  I used Crushed Curry cardstock with Mossy Meadow ink for the leaves.  It made the leaves have a slight brown look to them.  The acorn is so easy and fun to do.  We used Soft Suede cardstock with Early Espresso ink for the top and Soft Suede for the bottom of it.  Best part was that SU has a punch to easily punch it out.  Love it............


I don't know if you noticed but I also used one of the Into the woods elements in the right corner.  Love those.  You will find them on the bottom of page 43 of the holiday catalog.  I have used them a number of times.  They add that little something to finish a card. 
 
If you know my style, I do clean and simple cards.  This card was much busier than I normally do.  But I will say that I could not leave anything out.  My hostess club members said it was their favorite.  So I guess at times we all need to come out of our comfort zone and try something new. 
 
Enjoy.  I gotta run to my day job. 
 
Keep on stamping and I will keep on sharing.  Janice







No comments:

Post a Comment