Saturday, August 10, 2013

Shaving Cream Technique

I have had so much fun stamping for the last 24 hours.  I was at a friend's house, Dianne, Friday night and then again Saturday morning and afternoon.  I got so much accomplished.  You will get to see it this week as I blog each day (hopefully). 

The first card I want to share with you is using the shaving cream technique.  It smelled like a man was around......  How this technique works is you put a small pile of shaving cream on a paper plate.  Then add a few drops of reinker to it.  You can cut through it if you want but don't mix it too much.  You don't really want brown.......  Then gently lay a piece of glossy paper on top of the shaving cream.  Put the paper back on the table and use a paper towel and gently rub the shaving cream around the piece of card stock.  Continue to do this until all the shaving cream is off the card stock.  You should have a beautiful marble look to your paper.  Now it is really important to use colors that work well together.  We discovered that too much baked brown sugar looked like dog poop.....  Well here is the card!
Isn't this just beautiful?  I used Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar and just a little of Crisp Cantaloupe.  You can't see much of the Cantaloupe but it is really there.  Then I stamped the sandpipers with Black Stazon.  Very simple card but I love this card.  I will be doing this card in my upcoming 4 Card Class this month. 
Class is on Saturday, August 17th at 8:30am or Tuesday, August 20th any time between 8:30am and 8pm or Wednesday, August 21st between 2-8pm or Saturday, August 24th at 8:30am.  RSVP within 72 hours of the class that you are coming to.  The cost is only $10.  Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment