Thursday, August 11, 2016

Touches of Texture

I have found a stamp set that I did not think I needed.  Well this stamp set has been a go to stamp set for me lately.  I think it is because I love the textures for backgrounds and added fun.  You can find this stamp set on page 141 of the main catalog.  Now don't be fooled like I was by looking at it quickly in the catalog.  It is definitely a stamp set you can easily look past while looking at the catalog.  Stop and really look at the stamps.  I love the one on the top of the page.  I used that on the inside of the card.  The bumble bee is one of the best bumble bees I have seen in a stamp set.  The dragonfly too!!!!  Ok so it is another flower stamp set you say.  Well look further.  The background stamps are awesome.  The flowers that are outlined are easy to color in if you desire.  The other flower can be stamped on to make it have color.  Now that is easy peasy.  So here is my card I made.
I used Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Wisteria Wonder as my colors.  Do you notice the Daffodil Delight spots in the background.  That just made it all come together.  I did that first and then stamped the flowers and bee.  You cannot see it in this picture but I added Wink of Stella to the wings of the bee and on the flowers.  Love that little bit of sparkle.

As I said earlier I used that long stamp on the inside.  It just added enough without being overbearing on the inside of the card.  I also used my favorite words from Cottage Greetings.  I love this phrase "Wishing you Ridiculous Amounts of Happiness".  I do wish that for so many people. 

I hope you liked this card.  Feel free to CASE it.  I am honored when people CASE my cards.  Enjoy a stamping day every once in a while.  Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment