Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Sheltering Tree

Love the softness of this card.  So I had to make it into a sympathy card. 

This card was one of those mistakes turned into a success.  I used markers on the stamp set to make the different colored leaves.  But the first one did not look right.  So I added more colors in different places and stamped again.  Then I decided to stamp off and put leaves on the ground.  Then I decided the bottom of the card looked bare.  So I got out my Adventure Bound paper and found the grass.  I used my scissors with multiply cuts to make the grass blades.  Then trimmed them to not all be the same height.  Then I cut the trunk of the middle tree out of the white so I could stick it into the grass part.  It turned out to really look like it is growing in the grass.  Ok so I know it is not spring or fall but I will make a winter one.  Just trying not to have the snow arrive here.  I am enjoying not having snow yet.  But you cannot make snowmen outside without snow.  But you sure can make a snowman with stamp sets.  Just saying..............
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment