Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tuesday Tipster

I have been asked about how I organize my stamping stuff.  Well today I am going to share my favorite way that I store my cardstock.  I have tried a few different ways but this has been my ultimate favorite.  The best part is that I always use my scraps first.  I never miss using a scrap of cardstock.  Other ways I tried I would just grab the full sheet of cardstock and not use the scraps.  So this has been a good money saving way for me. 
 
 
 
This is a wire shelf unit that I could adjust the shelves to how far apart I wanted them.  The far left side are the mailbox shelves that you can get at your favorite office store.  Two sets of them did not fit on the width of the shelf so I added the inbox files.  Each color has their own plastic picture frame.  It took me many times of going to Michaels to get them at a good price.  But slowly I did get one for each color (including in colors).  I bought 8 1/2" by 11" ones.  I bought bigger ones for my basic black and whisper white.  Those two colors tend to have lots of scraps.  You can see that I have a label maker that I have each color on the left side.  Then a white circle on the right side that tells me which color family they are in.  

 Here is the frame itself with Island Indigo scraps in it.  You can see that I have little scraps and big scraps.  I keep the full sheets on the bottom of each shelf and put the plastic frame on top of it.  You really would have to force yourself not to use a scrap first before grabbing a full sheet of cardstock.  It is also nice because I can pull the frame out and put it on my desk while I am deciding what size I need for the project I am working on. 
 
I hope you found this useful.  I know for me it has been very cost saving and I love that I don't waste.  Happy Stamping. 
 
Keep on Stamping and I will Keep on Sharing.  Janice





















 


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is SO SMART! Do you remember about how much those picture frames cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember but I started out using 2 or 3 very different colors in one so that I could really see the difference. Example if you put 3 shades of green in one container than you take extra time trying to see which color is which.

      Delete